Monday, February 20, 2012

Conquering Fears

I'm not usually a fearful person, but recently, I've faced new challenges. These new challenges have not only caused absolute insanity, but absolute fear. Simple fears such as having to walk into a cafeteria full of at least 200 people at lunch, completely and undeniably alone. It shouldn't be a big deal, people do it every second of everyday. But it most definetly is. But after thinking about it, it's more than that. It's more than a fear of walking into public rooms alone, it's a fear of a judgmental society. To just think of every one of those people are staring at me wondering why I look so distraught, so out of place, so clueless to the regularity that they call lunch. Wondering why I look the way I do, not accepting me for who I am. This is but a daily struggle. But someday, you have to conquer the hardest of fears, the hardest of phobias,

But how?

How does one conquer such a confusing fear that most people wouldn't even understand? Most people probably think I'm crazy, is it weird that I find society overwhelming? Does everyone find society overwhelming? Or is it just the normality of everyday's routine that doesn't make our whole world spin into absolute destruction. But why am I being destroyed then? Why can't I just be normal like everybody else? But why is it that every time I try to conquer this fear of societies empowerment over myself, I go into shock. Shaking non-stop, absolutely scared that I'll be the last person on this earth, only because of my knowledge of the complete non-normal idea of society. How do I save them? How do I save myself from spinning into complete and utter destruction?

So, this fear hasn't killed me yet. I have no choice but to fight. I can't give up. I will conquer my fears. No more suffering, no more pain. Never again.

I will be indestructible.

No comments:

Post a Comment